Monday, July 11, 2011

Ketia

Ketia 



Ketia was a sweetie. She is definitely treated the worse out of all the kids. Thankfully she made it to the clinic and I'm pretty sure got some medicine. She is really sick, in fact, if I'm not mistaken, she has a staff infection. All the kids treated her like a leper, they wanted nothing to do with her, and they most defiantly didn't want her to touch us. We noticed her long face on sunday and I asked her if she wanted me to hold her. She hung her head down in shame and nodded her head no. Again I asked her if I could hold her on Tuesday she said no but I could tell that she did not mean it. I grabbed her and sat her on my lap and both of the girls who I was holding, Kedlen who was a mega sweetie, and Bettina, hit her away. I could tell that they were telling her to go away because she was dirty. I said no and stopped them from hitting her. They let her sit there for a few minuets and then they told her to leave again. I would not let her leave, I told her that I loved her and wouldn't ever let her go. Then after a few minuets she just felt so bad, from the kids yelling at her to leave me, so she went away. She was wearing that whiney the pooh nightgown when we got there, on Friday. When the older ladies started washing the little kids, on Tuesday, mom brought her over to get washed and non verbally said, "wash her?" Thankfully they did wash her and she got something new and clean to wear. I regret with all of my heart not loving on her more! I should have picked her up on Friday and never let her go! I wont make that mistake ever again!!! When I go back in September she is the first person I'm going to hold. Hopefully she will still be alive then. She was so sick that we are all worried that she wont be. It would be really awesome if you could pray for her. She needs the most prayer out of all those kids, unfortunately. Please pray for healing from her many sicknesses, for new confidence, that she would be accepted by everyone at the orphanage, and, most importantly, that she would know how much God loves her. Those pictures of her smiling take my breath away! Because when my mom tried to take a picture of us she would not even look at the camera she was so embarrassed about herself. Im very thankful Brenda could get her to smile! Thank you so much for hearing these kids stories! They really need our prayers! 
Love, 
Madison 
P.S. I don't know how old she is for sure but she cant be more than 7 years old. Also, she was very new to the orphanage just like Kedlene and Arianna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment