Monday, February 13, 2012

Why Question

When sharing the exciting glimpse of what God has planned for my life people begin to let their earthly fears take over. They ask things like, "when will I see you?" or,"will you have a shower? "What about  tv, a house?" or,"did your mom say you could do that?" "You are not going alone, right?" "Are you going with an organization?" "How will you make money" And many more. I have already thought, prayed, and been given the answer to all of those questions. Here is an the "big picture" answer.
I trust God with all my soul. I know if he wants me to have a tv or a house in Haiti that he is going to make it happen. I also know that he will provide me with the money, that our family will remain at peace with this wonderful calling, and that he will protect me. When we see verses like, "You shall not murder. "You shall not commit adultery. "You shall not steal. (Exodus 20:13-15 NIV) Most of us think of memorizing that in Sunday school or something like that, but we never, NEVER question that God wants us to follow those. We might say,"I'm a lawyer I have to lie if I'm going to make enough money for my family." or some other excuse like that, but in the end we feel the need to continue not to lie or guilty that we did, and hope we do better next time.
Why is it that, when I say that God has called me to do missions in Haiti do people question if this is really what God wants me to do?
* He tells me "Do not merely listen the the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." (James 1:22)  *He gives me countless verses on what to do" Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow." (Isaiah 1:17 NIV)
*He tells me where to do it, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8 NIV) Ad well as, "...God raised Jesus from the dead, and we are all witnesses of this..."(Acts 2:32) "God has chosen us in advance to be his witnesses..."(Acts 10:41) "...For you are to be his witnesses, telling everyone what you have seen and heard."(Acts 22:15) "...And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me every where..."(Acts 1:8) As well as many more verses.
*He tells me he will protect me, "So we say with confidence; the Lord is my helper, I do not fear. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6) "Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?" (1 Peter 3:13) "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear, do not be frightened."(1 Peter 3:14)
*He tells me why He wants me to do these things, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (James 1:27 NIV)
So why do we question some commandments in the bible and obey without question for others? Why do we remember, do not lie, but we forget that its the same as taking care of orphans and witnessing to the ends of the world. I don't know what God has planned for you, but to me it's plain and simple, trust God that he will help you when you do what he says, and do it!
Note: this is not to be a "strong" message used to "avenge" someone, but to express the blindness of our ways. I have thought the same things, but God has made it clear to me to do what he says. Not to go off of feeling or idea, but scripture. Hopefully you will benefit from this idea of how the world has twisted our thought process and that we need to change it. 
Love,
Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment