Sunday, May 29, 2011

Awesomeness!!

Ok so you need to know all of these epic things that happened this week!
- Tuesday
The team met at Ms. Smiles' house. 7 of the 13 were there, and we had an awesome time together! We found out that an NFL player from the Tampa bay buccaneers had joined our team. (That’s something you don't have happen to you everyday...) We talked about the crafts and activities we would be doing as well as some things we were going to do to stay safe. One of my favorite things that we will be doing is giving the kids little cross name tags with a colorful yarn tie. When we get there we will write their names on it and as the week goes on we plan on putting stickers on their name tag as we tell them how important they are to us and God. I think it will be super wonderful!
- Friday
Mom and I went shopping for HOT SAUSE :) Trevor is going to be super excited when he sees what we have for him! We also bought most of the rest of the stuff that we needed. Including a 98.11% DEET mosquito repellent.... No way will we be bitten by any bugs!!
- Saturday
The team met to pack our checked bags with, dippers, flip flops, craft supplies, party supplies, our tents, beds, ect... (Some of us will be taking medical supplies with us on the plane, but we decided not to check anything.)
The church prayed over us after worship, it was very special to everyone!!
I got an email from Trevor that said, "I'm excited for you to come too! I haven’t seen your pretty faces in so long!"(How sweet is that?)
- Sunday
Our church prayed for the entire team 3 more times, it was wonderful!
We started putting together the "Prayer Books" that we are giving to the kids, that went really well.  On Thursday we pointed out that the kids need pens to write in their prayer books, so we planned on buying some. The next day, however, my mother found a bag of pens in the church that said "free." She recognized it as a perfect opportunity for the prayer books. (Good job mommy!) So then I counted them a few days latter, we need 68, and there are 69!! What a God send!
We also found out that one of our team members is not joining us on our trip. :( We will miss her.
Last, but most definitely not least, a very AWESOME person helped me very much today. All of you have helped me dearly but this was such a surprise and so wonderful I thought it would be ok to mention how awesome it was. Anywho this person gave me a camera. I really needed a camera because the one I was going to borrow had recently become unavailable. I wanted to thank all of you long ago but I thought it would be best if I sent your thank you cards after our trip with a photo. Thank you so much everyone!! I really couldn’t be on this trip if it were not for you! God has blessed me more that I can express!!!
LoVe,
MadiSon

P.S. We leave Thursday at 11pm. Thanks to two of my close friends we have a way to get to the airport. It is going to be so wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment